Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

i pray my youth i'll always keep...


happy {almost} friday friends!

it's been a full week and somewhere in between
all that stuff associated with work, school, and family,
i celebrated a birthday!
the boys wouldn't let me forget even if i wanted to *wink*

on my actual b-day, i was greeted with homemade birthday cards
and flowers by my gerblets, breakfast {cereal) poured and set out by finn,
and lots and lots of kisses.

finn was so excited and screamed Happy Birthday Mom!
{scout however looked concerned}

this conversation followed:

scout: it's not your birthday mom
finn: yes, it is mom's birthday
scout: no it's not!
me: i was born on april 10th buddy, and today is april 10th.
today actually is my birthday.
scout: well, is it a school day?
me: yes, it is.
scout: {tears started to form} then i'm going to miss your birthday!

{the 'light bulb' turned on}

i had completely forgotten that to a 4 year old child, 
the word birthday means PARTY.  they are one and the same.
scout was worried he was going to miss my birthday celebration. 

i smiled, scooped him up, lavished him with kisses and
promised him he wouldn't miss a thing.
mom and dad were going to work and he and finn were going to school, 
and the party would be that night after we got home.

we had a little family celebration with cake and candles,
and c and i celebrated together over a  nice dinner the next night. 

my homemade cards from the boys were very sweet,
but i received a funny one from a dear friend that i had to share:































inside: at least i'll have my birthday cake!


so cute yes?
{the card reminded me of my younger sisters and all their dolls}

now i really will lay myself down to sleep.
nite.

~ scoutie has pre-k graduation photos tomorrow.
i still can't believe my 4 year old will be starting kindergarten this fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.