Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

love is a four letter word

jason mraz' new album
comes out april 17th.
it's titled love is a four letter word.
i'm SERIOUSLY excited!


google























until i find another musician {in this decade}
as talented as mr. mraz,
he will continue to be my numero uno 
{what can i say, i'm a loyal girl}

my brother sent me a link to this song last week,
when i finally got to listen to it on a real stereo,
wow - i was hooked.  ♥ it!

and since i'm on the subject of love,
i'm going to share something that my littlest love said to me tonight.
{and i will later write in my quotable kids book}

as many might know, scoutie is fully reading now.
it's a huge leap for him and now he can't get enough of it.
he proudly read for grandma and grandpa
during our skype session on sunday night.

tonight he came downstairs after i put him down for bed,
and told me that i forgot to rub his back.
i didn't forget {i never forget because its part of our bedtime routine}
this is his way to get more momma time or
to simply stall going to sleep.

tonight i wasn't sure what his motive was,
but i had the time {and patience}
to walk him back upstairs
and give him a little more lovin'.

once he got under his covers,
he whispered to me that he loves to read SO much.
then he tells me to come closer.
i do.
he whispers that he sometimes reads after i leave the
room when he is supposed to be going to sleep.

{and what came next was even cuter}
he unzipped his cute baby gap striped footed pjs and took out
a magic treehouse paper book he had been hiding.

how could i get upset at that?
well, i couldn't.
i smiled and reminded him his eyes and brain need rest
so he can do even more reading tomorrow.

this is my sweet 4 year old.
and no offense to mr. mraz,
but love is not just a four letter word,
it's also a five letter word.... scout



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.