Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

beautiful brussels

i don't know alot about brussels,
other than it's in belgium and it's in europe somewhere,
and it was where my hubby said he was today
{during a 7 hr layover}before a flight to DC and then home.

i was driving home from a breakfast/playdate at a girlfriends
with the boys in the backseat,
wound as tight as watches from all the fun they had.
when i heard the little beep announcing i had an email,
i peeked at my phone and saw an email from my honey.

i asked finn to read daddy's email outloud and as he read,
brussels sounded magical and made me wish i was there with him.
not to take anything away from the emails about africa.
brussels just sounded a little more romantic is all.

he said he was walking down cobblestone streets,
in this old city full of gorgeous architecture.
he said it reminded him alot of paris,
it made me smile and remember our time there together.
gosh, it was such a long time ago. *sigh*

when finn finished reading the email,
he said "daddy took a picture of a beautiful castle too".
i reached my arm back and asked for the phone because i
knew i wouldn't be able to make it home without at least peeking
at the picture he sent.  and oh, was it was lovely.


























we sure miss christopher, and can't wait to have him home.
{and not because he said he picked up some belgium chocolate for us}

we'll see him tomorrow! *yay*




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.