Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

my lazy and lovely weekend

you don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
~ william d. tammeus



on friday night, c asked me what was on my agenda for the weekend.
for once in i don't know how long, i said absolutely nothing!

really? he responded.  yep, i said wih a BIG smile.
i told him all i wanted was to was spend time with the family,
specifically my little guys since it had been awhile since we had mommy/son time.

so finn, scoutie and i spent the weekend building forts, watching movies, visiting the library,
bike riding, playing at the park, and the highlight - going to belmont park.

we were there last week for a photo shoot (pictures to come in a few weeks)
and the boys were sorely disappointed the rides were all closed for maintenance.
i promised to take them back and i did. here are the highlights of our day:


















and yes, when they waved at me on the carousel, i waved back...every time.

























































and this is how we ended the day, 
watching the sun melt into the ocean.
(mom, this is why i have a hard time leaving san diego)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.