Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

conversation

true conversation is an interpenetration of two worlds, a genuine intercourse of souls...
- thomas moore

over the past six months, my relationship with scout has changed dramatically - in a wonderful way.  now that he is mastering his verbal skills, we have real conversations.  he engages me now which prompts more questions from me, and in return more responses from him.  sure, it's simple dialogue, but it's opened up a whole new world between us and it's lots of fun.

our best conversations are in the afternoon when i pick him up from preschool.  it's just the two of us and we greet each other with a BIG hug. his first words are usually "i missed you mommy" and i let him know that i missed him too.  usually he starts telling me what he has done during the day, who has had a timeout, if i forgot his water bottle (happens often unfortunately), what his teacher 'miss rosie' has said, and exactly what his artwork is - something i need help with.

with these conversations, scoutie and i are experiencing a new form of intimacy we've never had before and it's thrilling! to my first time mommy friends with little ones who aren't yet talking, you have something very special to look forward to. *smile*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.