Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

about scout

it's known that the shortest person in our household is
a huge lover of books.  what people may not know is he also
LOVES to write.  he announces almost weekly that finn will
probably be an engineer when he grows up and he will probably
be a writer. he isn't sure though if he'll write novels or articles. *grin*

he wrote, rather 'typed' this on his computer a few weeks ago,
and i enjoyed it so much, i printed yesterday to drop into his keepsake bin.
i thought it would also be fun to include here in my blog to share with family
and friends and more importantly, to remember him at this exact age.
the details he shares are wonderful, and give such insight into who he is. 
so here's exactly what he wrote {no edits by mom}


Hello! My name is Scout. I am six years old. I have a brother named Finn. He is ten years old. He  is very nice, although, I do get into a lot of fights with him.

Me and my family [me, Finn, my mom and dad] go to Mexico once a year. Sometimes I wish I could go there more than only once because it is so beautiful there, although, there is one problem. I get a LOT of homework. Usually, I don’t have much homework, and it is pretty easy. But when I am on vacation it is much harder. Sometimes I wish I had no homework at all.

Me and my brother really like LEGO’s. I don’t like them as much as Finn because he is crazy about them. As for me not nearly as much.

Can I tell you something about Finn that is pretty annoying? Yes? Great. The thing is, well, I used to tell him like, well when he is playing video games or something like that, well, after his turn he asks, ”would you like to play now?”  Then I would say: “you can keep playing if you want to.” then he would say: “okay.” and keeps on playing. Well I don’t say that any more and I keep reminding him that. He just keeps forgetting which is really annoying. That's it.

Can I tell you some of the thing’s I love to do? yes? Thank you! 1.Reading 2.Drawing 3.Sleeping 4.School [except homework!] 5.How tiny I am. 6.Building LEGO’s with my brother 7.Playing video games 8.Making music 9. Writing 10.playing with my brother 11.Sleeping in with my mom 12.Movies 13. New years Eve 14. Christmas 15.Halloween 16.Easter 17.My birthday 18.Museums 19.Candy And 20.soccer.

I have played soccer for a very long time, and I would say I’m pretty good at it. My brother has not played as long as me because he does not like the game too much and my mom and dad don't want him playing a game he does not really like.

I love when things take a long time to do. For instance, coloring in a picture. I love taking my time on things like that to make them look more beautiful. I also like to use as many different colors as I can.

Every Halloween my mom buys a new costume to wear. Every year our [me Finn and my moms] costumes match. Last year I was Maverick from Top gun.    It was really fun! I got a lot of candy and I got to go in a haunted house! I saw pretty cool costumes.
 
somehow the rest of his text didn't copy over, but what i shared is a good 99% of what he typed.
his summary on why finn annoys him sometimes made me smile.  they have a typical sibling relationship. and don't be fooled by him saying he"loves school except homework".
i think he was thinking back to his time in mexico.  he had a good hour and a half of homework
every day.  c and i had the boys complete it before we started our day.  scout wasn't happy about it, but that's part the price we pay for vacationing when school is in session. he actually delights in typical homework and wants to do it as soon as he gets home after school.

i must get to bed!  the lil' guys and I are driving to phoenix early tomorrow morning for these last days of their spring break. it is a mom/kids trip, and are also meeting up with my dear friend connie. we will also get to see auntie heidi and her cute prego belly and gma gerber {gg}. it's been so long.
i am super excited!! nite nite
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.