Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

ah, that voice

i was standing at the stove making chicken stir-fry last
night while scout was playing the piano {and listening through headphones},
and finn was sitting on the couch watching the science channel.

with great enthusiasm, i hear finn say,
"i love him. i love everything about him - his movies,
his documentaries, and especially his voice!"

since i couldn't see the tv from where i was,
i popped my head into the living room to see who he was
talking about and saw morgan freeman on the tv screen.






 
 
in finn's 10 years, he knows this man's voice and face well.
he's seem him in dolphin tail, driving miss daisy, and more recently,
the legoland movie.
i think finn enjoys him most, when he hosts
the science channel's
 through the wormhole:intelligence.
 
on occasion, i pull myself away from housework or projects and
cozy up on the couch with my firstborn. it makes him so happy
when i show interest in the things that are important to him.
 
he knows science will be never be my favorite thing in the world,
but my sitting with him on the couch shows him that he is important

to me. it's a small act of kindness i can do that goes a long way.
and as he approaches his 'tween' years, i realize these moments
might not be so easy to come by in a year or two.

so as we sit, and much of the science concepts go over my head,
what doesn't get lost is that my 10 year old is happy having me by
his side, and i'm happy to be there.

if by chance we are watching mr. freeman narrating a program on tv,
i also get the added benefit of listening to 
the most sought-after voice
in hollywood.  he really does have a beautiful voice.




looking forward to this weekend.  c and i are attending the wedding
of friend's chris and stacy tomorrow night.  they are the cute couple
with an even cuter baby. their wedding will be held on a boat
in the san diego bay!  and sunday is easter. i haven't even pulled the
baskets down from the garage's overhead storage. =/ 
{saturday is going to be a busy day}


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.