Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, April 22, 2013

chicago

come on babe,
why don't we paint the town,
and all that jazz...
- all that jazz, from the musical chicago

i can't get this song from chicago out of my head today.














my sis, jen took me to see the musical here yesterday for my birthday!!
it was so entertaining.

the venue, like ljph, was small so every seat was excellent.
not only was the venue wonderful, but the actors, choreography
and dancers were uber talented. watching them made me want to
start taking swing dance and jazz classes again. SERIOUSLY.

i'm pretty sure i was tapping my feet the entire production which
may have been annoying jen {but if so, she never let on} *grin*

and there's more.
a friend of jen's, that she has known since her high school,
was IN the production - SO cool. he played the character amos,
roxy hart's husband.

if you are familiar with even the movie, you might remember the
song cellaphane, a solo sung by amos.  that was jen's friend.
he rocked it!  {and we stuck around to tell him this after the show}.
it was FUN afternoon at the theater.
i'll remember it for years to come.  thx j. xo

~ we arrived back in san diego just as scoutie's soccer game started.
i had c filling in for me on the field {coaching}, since i didn't think i'd make it,
but since i was in white jeans, i sat back and watched my little lightning bugs play.
i got to see scout score 2 goals too and maybe his biggest grin ever.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.