Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

making sure of you


"Pooh!" whispered Piglet.
"Yes, Piglet?" said Pooh.
"Oh, nothing" said Piglet.
"I was just making sure of you."
~ Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard

i arrived home at 11pm on saturday night
{a very late night for this momma}.

since i had missed saying goodnight to the boys,
i tiptoed into their bedroom to kiss them goodnight
before i turned in.

there they were,
the two of them sharing one bed,
sleeping like they often sleep.

i had my camera in my purse from my evening out
and snapped this photo {without waking them up}






















in subtle {and sometimes not so subtle ways}
these two seem to always be making sure of each other.
it makes me happy that they are so close

~ i spent saturday evening at a fundraiser for mojalet, a san diego company.
my friend christine {also founder of our serious bookclub}
dances and performs with their core group in her free time,
when she's not working or reading.

i can't even remember how long it had been
since i had been to a pure dance performance.
maybe 3 years? longer?  anyway, it's been way too long.

i was so inspired by these woman,
who ranged from 8 to 50-something.
they were all so talented and so fit.
it was so absolutely beautiful to watch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.