Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy heart day

oh i just LOVE this holiday
{even if it is a hallmark holiday}

it's not because i'm an extreme romantic,
or because i get fancy presents.
i just appreciate a day designed
for telling our loved ones how we feel.
{it's also a reminder for me to do it more every day}

in our home, we don't typically exchange gifts,
but we always exchange cards,
and we all seem to love homemade cards.
{those given to us by the boys seem to be our favorites these days}

i didn't upload a photo of the boys' v-day cards they took to school today,
i was up late cutting out submarine shaped valentine's for finn's class,
and making special valentine lunches for them {heart shaped sandwiches} like this:

image: lessthanperfectlifeofbliss 



















they were SO cute. i should have made myself one.
i also put heart stickers on everything from their granola bars to their yogurts.
{c questioned if the boys would appreciate this but i told myself they would}. *grin* 


i hope you had a very special valentine's day.

xo


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.