Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

together time

for the past several years, one question gets asked by the boys every morning.

the question?  is it a family day or a school day?
(and since summer began 'school day' is replaced with 'renae day' (our summer sitter)

this weekend i committed to making sure our family days were well spent.
i've been feeling distracted, pulled in many directions and i really just needed to
relax, re-energize, re-focus and make my three front and center.

so when c's college buddy justin emailed me last week offering
tickets to the padres vs. giants (baseball) game on friday night i accepted immediately.
we hadn't been to a game this season and i knew it would do us all some good.

the little guys in the home were more excited about our mode of transportation.
because of parking and crowds, we always park at the old town transit center
and take the trolley downtown to the stadium. the boys love this!

we enjoyed watching the padres win and catching up with justin and his family.
we also enjoyed the gigantic bag of kettle corn that c bought for us all to share.
i didn't bring my camera but i did get a few with my cell phone.

i wish i would have gotten a picture of finn with his fingers in his ears.
everytime the crowd roared, his fingers went into his ears. *grin*






























we had another family outing over the past weekend,
and my hope is to post about it later in the week.

i better get going -  a full work day tomorrow and then
dinner with my book club girls to discuss this book
i'm looking forward to it.

also, my s-i-l heidi and her hubby are coming in tomorrow night for a few days.
we won't be seeing alot of them as they are here to attend comic-con,
a HUGE event that literally transforms downtown san diego for a few days.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.