Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, July 29, 2011

ohhhh mexico

oh mexico,
it sounds so simple i just got to go.
the sun's so hot, i forgot to go home
guess i'll have to go now...
-mexico, james taylor 

oh how i love james taylor
a florida surfer boy introduced me to him when i was in my lates teens,
and i've been a fan ever since.

his song, mexico is a song off one of his cds that i play in my car alot.
it makes me smile and think of past vacations in mexico and all the fun we had.
if my hubby had his way, we'd vacation there all the time.
heck, if c had an opportunity, we'd all be living in mexico.
(and i'd be completely ok with it)

often when we are all heading out the door to go somewhere,
finn and/or scout will ask where are we going,
and christopher will say let's go to MEXICO.
finn and scout will echo 'Mexico - yay'.

a few days ago, c announced costa azul was having a promotion
and he really wanted the family to go back this fall or winter to vacation. 
finn responded "i love costa azul...i'm so comfortable there".
maybe just maybe a trip to mexico is in our future this year.

here's a picture that is on our fridge right now.
finn and christopher worked on this together for one of finn's class projects.
in the style of todd par, students were asked to draw and color a picture that
represents what their family likes to do together.  finn said he likes to go on vacations.

here we are horseback riding in mexico.

artists: christopher and finn, 2011


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.