Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

a little run and a little fun

tomorrow is st. patrick's day and i wanted to be sure i posted a bit
of my pre st. patty's day activities before the real day came.
(finn built another leprechaun trap as a homework assignment
and i'll share in my next post. it's pretty creative)

i can cross one more thing off my promise me list.
this past saturday, finn, auntie jen and i were up bright and early
and dressed in green to run san diego's annual st. patrick's day run.

the race was just 2 miles (my short runs are even more than this),
but i was running this one with my newly 7 year old and i figured it
was plenty for him.

my hope was finn could run it all without stopping, but that that didn't quite happen.
regardless, we all enjoyed ourselves and finn felt accomplished.
we will certainly be doing this again next year!

































after the race, c and i headed to the desert to attend the
BNP Parabis tennis tournament in indian wells, ca.

after racking my brain trying to come up with a creative and
unique christmas gift for my hubby, i decided tickets to a
professional tournament would be the perfect gift, and it really was.
my baby loves tennis!

the deal was c could take anyone - his brother, a buddy, coworker, etc. 
he insisted on taking lil' old me, so in early january, i made arrangements
with auntie jen to watch the boys for a night so we could make it a short getaway.

c got to see all the top players of today: andy roddick, rafael nadel,
roger federer, john isner, the bryan brothers, james blake, etc.
when i wasn't taking cover in the little shade i could find, i was in the stadium under
my big brimmed hat and glasses and drinking as much as i could to stay hydrated.
(i did get to see my favorite female player, kim clijsters)

****************************************

and i almost forgot!!
when c and i arrived at our hotel, the indian wells resort,
we were told we were being upgraded to the presidential suite!!
apparently they ran out of regular rooms. (lucky us)
now this stuff never happens to me/us so we were so happy.

so let me share a little about this hotel.
it was founded in 1957 by lucille ball and desi arnaz as a place to
get away from it all when they needed a retreat from hollywood. 

we were told our suite was luci and desi's retreat -
it was separate from the other hotel rooms and we had to enter
the upstairs through a private elevator that required a key! *pinch me*

the decor throughout the hotel and in the rooms, was old school luxurious.
the decor was extremely ornate and all the fixtures were heavy brass!
i had to call my mum to tell her all about it because i knew she would surely appreciate it. 
she got a kick out of it.  there were pixs of old hollywood stars at the very hotel which also
had it's own golf course out the backdoor.  pasts guests included robert wagner, natalie wood,
bob hope, arnold palmer, and others.

though the tennis tournament was c's highlight,
i think the our hotel suite was mine.

don't forget to wear green on thursday!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.