Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a bushel and a peck

















i heart this song written by frank loesser for the musical guys and dolls.
and have been singing it to scoutie alot lately because he has
been requesting it as his bedtime song.

i first heard it when i was in the musical at san diego's city college
back in 2003.  i LOVED all the music from the play and i never
imagined this would become a bedtime song for my children someday.
i'm so glad it has.

it's a simple tune, and the words easy to say so scoutie sings along too.
tonight after we finished singing, i went over to finn's bed,
kissed him goodnight and whispered "i love you a bushel and a peck too."

i wonder if he remembers me singing this song to him all those years
ago when he was a baby and toddler? i didn't ask him,
i just watched him smile in the dark as i left the room.

someday, the boys will be too old for bedtime songs,
so for now, i sing to them as often as i can.
i love these little guys
a bushel and a peck
and
a hug around the neck.




ps. i'm happy to share i can cross one thing off my 'promise me' list.
i made a new dish for dinner tonight - eggplant parmesean.
it was delish and easy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.