Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, July 18, 2014

scout: in training

i still haven't downloaded scout's birthday photos yet or
posted highlights of the boys' florida trip, but I am hoping
to this weekend.

in the meantime, it seemed appropriate to post this note i found
in scout's bedroom while putting away laundry the other night.
when i said he was taking his 'bootcamp birthday party' seriously,
i wasn't kidding.  this is quite a regimen.



whew - it makes me exhausted {and dizzy} just reading it!  
my child - i love that he enjoys testing himself physically.
he is definitely a gerber in this way.

i've been doing my own bootcamp training too
so i can fit into my bathing suit a little better this summer.
my regime thought isn't quite as rigorous as scouts.  

since taking a little hiatus from running,
i was starting to get "squishy"... meaning my muscle tone was going bye bye. 
as a b-day gift to me, c got our family a membership at the SDTRC...a place we've
been considering joining for over a year because their tennis program there is so strong.
while the boys are getting their fill of tennis,
i've been taking body pump and pilates classes!

these classes have been around for years, but i'd never taken either.
i'm officially hooked now that i am feeling muscles i haven't used in years. 
maybe in a few months i'll be strong enough to do scout's workout. *grin*

~ the boys and i are off to phoenix tomorrow morning right after c's tennis match.
our bags are {almost} fully packed, my phone and kindle are loaded up with books
and audiobooks, and we are all SUPER excited to spend time with heidi and family!
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.