Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, February 7, 2014

life is like riding a bike

happy happy friday!!

i've had my eye on this print from restyle for a while,
and it seemed fitting to post today.

it's not only Adorable - the retro print, the colors
and and the cute beach cruiser, but it's message was
right on...so relevant to me as i struggled this week.


via


























we had our healthcare folks from all over the u.s. fly in
for a few days for our annual budget planning meeting. 
days were long and i wasn't home as much in the evenings.

when i was, i was spreading myself thin which caused me to fall
off my bike once. i'll just say that one of finn's piano practices
was a bit rocky. we made it through but ended up with a skinned knee.
{as scout would point out, that's a 'metaphor'}. *grin*

i'm back on my bike and looking forward to some downtime with the boys,
and some fun time with a new group of ladies from my neighborhood tonight.
we;re heading here for happy hour!

i haven't forgotten birthday photos {or to post about our mexico trip}.
be patient peeps... they are coming. it's just been one of those weeks -
filled with evening work events, parent/teacher conferences, homework,
piano practices and being sure thank you cards get written by mr. finn.

my life is full, and despite the craziness at times,
i am so grateful for all of it!
i just have to remember this week's lesson:
it's not the end of the world to fall off my bike and skin my knee,
the important thing is that i jump back on and keep pedaling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.