Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

good day sunshine

today was a great day.
the sun was shining bright and it was just beautiful.
i wanted so badly to just wheel my chair and desk outside,
but i had to settle for lifting the rollershade in my cube.

i was missing the sunshine as this past weekend was cloudy and cool
{low to mid 70s}. it was perfect for the rock n roll marathon runners,
but not so great for those who wanted to sit outside and catch up with
reading or little guys who wanted to swim. *wink*

i have so much to record and share.
since BABIES are the perfect way to start, i'll start here.
there's been some very happy news in the past 2 weeks.

first, my sister stacey and her husband, steve are expecting a baby this winter.
{i'm not sure of the date yet} but my order is in for a girl!
it will be my sister's second, but the first for her new husband.
ALSO
our former nanny, christi and her husband tyler are expecting their
first baby in december!  they married a few years ago but gave themselves
a few years to be newlyweds before bringing a baby into their lives.
she hasn't shared on FB yet {it's a teensy bit early},
but she gave permission for me to share here.

christi + tyler























she called and shared the happy news with me last week.
after our conversation, my cheeks hurt from all the smiling.
{this girl was meant to be a mother....she's a natural}

and there's more happy news.

i enjoyed 3 hours of good girl time last night.
our breakfast group met up for dinner here .
it was wonderful catching up over good food.

and today {insert drumroll},
c accepted a job at a global commercial real estate firm.
i won't name the company yet or what he will be doing as
he's still negotiating with the employer,
but by friday, it will be official and i can share more.

i think i'm more excited than he is.

he's been enjoying the consulting work he's been doing from home,
and mentioned continuing it indefinitely but i pushed for the 9-5 job.
at this stage in my life, stability is important to me.
having a kitchen table that isn't full of drawings is too.
{i seriously haven't seen the surface for probably 2 months}

~ i took the photo of christi and tyler {above} off of c's FB page.
while i was grabbing it, i came across this photo of her with my 2.
i'd never seen it - like EVER.  it made me smile seeing her smile
and seeing the boys so tiny. they grow fast...oh so fast.

christi, finn {5} and scout {2}










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.