Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

stop me



i came across this image on a coffee mug and laughed out loud
this is SO me!

i've always been high energy girl {just ask my mum},
and since i'm super social, i do a good share of volunteering.
i enjoy it alot, and i know it's good for the boys to see me
put time and effort into things that I care about.

the challenge is with a full-time job, 2 active boys,
a husband and other social commitments,
i have to limit what i do.

it's a struggle for me to find balance and i've long stopped believing
i can ever achieve a perfect balance at home and work.
it's simply not possible.

those moms who i thought might be doing it, aren't.
i asked. they told me it was 'an illusion'.
they struggle too.

so if you hear me talking about volunteering,
STOP ME or question me friends. *wink*

scoutie's soccer season ended this past sunday so my
time coaching is over, so i will have a little more time in my week.
as much as i'm going to miss my little 'lighting bugs',
it feels good to be done.

{i'll be sure to scan our team picture and share here later this week}

~ with my little bit of extra time, i plan on running a little more.
my b-i-l trevor, just completed the st.george ironman on saturday.
that's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 miles bike ride and a half marathon (13.1 mile run).
i'm so proud of him and inspired but not enough to try one myself.
i am considering a half marathon at the end of the year though *wink*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.