Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

goodnight

i'm SO glad tomorrow is friday.

it's been a wild work week -
lots of deadlines, long days and late nights.
i. am. tired.

like the von trapp children, i should be heading to bed
{you remember the song they sing in the sound of music}




so why the reference?
well the music has been in my head all week because
last weekend i saw the play at the north park birch theater
{finn, auntie jen, my coworker and some others}

it was a night of firsts for finn and me.
it was the first time we had been to this gorgeous restored theater.
{it was built in 1928, small and tucked away in the cute neighborhood of north park}.
we had dinner before the show and it was our first time eating here,
it was the first time we had ever seen the sound of music on stage!

the show started at 8pm {late for a child with an 8pm bedtime}
finn managed to stay awake and alert for the entire show and i think
it was only because he knew the story and every song so well.
we've been watching it together as a family for years.
{it helped that the cast was spectacular too}

we all walked out of the theater with huge smiles on our face
and humming the music that will forever be etched into our memories.
my swedish coworker told me its tradition in her country for
families to watch the movie every christmas eve.
it's just as loved there as it is here.

so long, farewell friends. i need to say goodnight.

~ i hope you have a wonderful weekend and i hope to post again soon.
there is lots to share - babies on the way, memorial weekend visitors,
and my two gerblets performed at their first talent show today.
stay tuned.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.