Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

soccer saturdays


scout:  aunt jen is as nice as a mom
finn: she's nicer than a mom

these sentences were spoken last night while the boys
lay in bed and were winding down after a long day of soccer.
{you can bet i recorded this in my quotable kid book}

what they said didn't make me sad or jealous, it made me smile.
it reminded me of something i read recently {maybe in parenting magazine?}
there was an article that discussed the importance of every child having at least
one adult {other than their parents} who takes a genuine interest in their life.

when a child has someone, the benefits are enormous.
for some it's a grandmother, a teacher, or a family friend.
but for my boys, it's their auntie jen.

she challenges, encourages and supports them in everything they do.
i'm sure they don't fully understand just how lucky they are,
they just know that she loves them. {and they love her}

last week, scout asked me to make a sign to hold up at his soccer games.
he requested it say "Go Scout". now, crafts, even simple signs are not my thing,
so when jen inquired about the boys' game schedule and i mentioned i'd be putting together
end of games snacks and making a poster that night, she VOLUNTEERED to make it!
lucky me/lucky them.

she arrived at yesterday's game with 2 awesome signs - one for scout and one for finn!
{they were so cute players, parents, grandparents and their coaches commented on them}
well see for yourself.





















their auntie jen sure loves them.
it was clear she put time and love into making these.
the boys loved them, and i plan on using them ALL season long.
{danka auntie j}

a few more photos of our saturday:













































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.