Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye twenty eleven

i can't believe a new year is just around the corner.
can 2011 really be over?
every year seems to go by faster and faster. *sigh*

since i have been unsuccessful slowing time,
i made an effort to get as much enjoyment out of 2011 as i could,
while burning off a little fat that i think i packed on this holiday season.
here's what I did: since the days have been beautiful all week {sunny and lows 70s},
i headed to mission bay for a run and to enjoy a little sun.

my plan was for the boys to ride their bikes alongside me,
but c had taken the volvo to work which meant i couldn't fit both bikes in the prius.
boys both moved up to larger bikes a few months ago but up until then,
i could fit scoutie's lil' 12" bike and finn's 16" bike into my car.

scoutie now rides the 16" red cruiser that was finn's {the cute one with flames on it},
and finn moved up to larger cruiser. i shared the news that we could only fit one bike in the car,
and finn said "that's ok, i'll run with you mom. dad's been teaching me the proper technique".
{c ran cross country in high school and has been trying to teach me proper running technique
since well, forever}. *grin*

my goal was to run at least 3 miles, but with finney, we were only able to do 2 {with just 2 stops}.
i was quite impressed and reminded him he'd be ready for our annual st. patty's run in march.

later, i picked up maddy and her girlfriend and we headed downtown
to photograph the girls in an urban environment. we'd been talking about it forever and
finally got around to it.  the girls are so silly and kept me laughing the entire time.
{i can't wait to share pixs}

last, we have my neighbor and friend's sweet little logan here for a few hours.
he's almost 4 and this is his first time with the gerbers without his mom.
he's doing just fine and after a update to his mom via text, she's ok too. *grin*

these two cute superheros have been busy fighting 'bad guys' for the last hour
{and much too busy to stop to let me snap a photo}








































i better run and get a cake mix into the oven.
the boys and i are heading over to my girlfriend's home tonight for a new year's party
and i've been asked to bring a desert. i sure hope they are expecting anything fancy.

all the families invited have young children, so my friend has hired a teenager to entertain
them until they crash. we're all pretty excited.
{now if only i can make it until midnight}

here's to twenty twelve!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.