Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, September 12, 2011

coach gerber

do one thing every day that scares you.
- elevanor roosevelt





















i wish i could say i do something every day that scares me,
but the truth is i don't.
i did however, sign on to do one thing that scares me this season.

i am officially scout's soccer coach through the peninsula ymca

coaching soccer hasn't been a lifetime dream of mine,
and although i played years ago (ok, decades ago),
i remember very little about soccer and know nothing about coaching.
it all came to be when the director of the y sent an email to parents
asking for more volunteer coaches.

i couldn't resist.

the director assured me that i already know more than 4 and 5 year olds
and offered up a coaches clinic for me to attend.  i went on saturday to learn
basic fundamentals of soccer and some fun drills to do with the kiddos.
our practices start wednesday, and our first game is saturday.
there will be more to come on this and the adventures i'll have. 

i'm able to cross item 11 off from my promise me list. 
coaching isn't wasn't what i originally had in mind, but it qualifies.

~ in addition to attending the a soccer coaches clinic,
i spent a lovely afternoon yesterday here with my 'serious' book club chickies.
once a year they get together outside our monthly meetings for a day of rest and relaxation. 
though i didn't get any treatments, i thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and the conversation.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.