Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, August 29, 2011

second grader in the house

christopher, scout, i dropped finn off this morning without much fanfare.
it's funny how every year gets easier for us all. it's a reminder that there is
a natural progression to things - that the letting go doesn't happen overnight,
but a little bit at a time, over many years.

finn gave us goodbye hugs and ran off to say hello to his friends while i introduced
myself to his teacher, diana glover.  she is wonderful lady and a lover of science.
she seems to be a perfect fit for finn.

before i left, i snapped a photo of finn with his best buddy joshua,
and joshua snapped a photo of us. just one photo - very unusual for me.
i must get him standing out in front of his school later this week.

i sure love our sweet second grader!

me and my second grader
if you look closely, you can see his two front teeth are in (just in time)


one down and one more to go.  scoutie starts back next tuesday, 9/6.
until then, he is having lots of fun with grandma. 

i've been thinking about how my mom is at the time in her life that she can up
and fly to california in a week's notice to help out.  we are so fortunate and
we don't take this blessing for granted...not even a teensy bit.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.