Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

my day as the birthday girl

i celebrated last year's decade birthday pretty big.
this year was insignificant as far as numbers go,
so i felt little need for fanfare. *wink*

my b-day also came right behind 2 weeks of deadlines,
and i wanted nothing more than to be home, decompress,
and spend time with the people i love.
in a nutshell here is how i spent my birthday weekend:
(and i was thrilled it fell over a weekend. yippee)

- pitched a tent in the living room and watched episodes of our gang with jen, finn and scoutie
- was served breakfast in bed (a single microwavable pancake) by a very proud finn and scoutie
   (singing and dancing accompanied this - i have c to thank for their your 41 song)
- a good run along sunset cliffs (i literally run out the front door to get there)
- a heartier breakfast at my favorite cafe just around the corner with the boys and my sis, jen
- went to the movies for my first time in a long time with c, while my generous sister babysat
- came home to a clean and fully decorated home.  there were sweet hand drawn signs
   and notes from the boys posted all over (starting in the garage) and bright yellow round tissue
   poms, streamers and ballons adorning the main living areas.  AND she baked cupcakes!!
- thoughtful gifts
- sweet birthday messages (and even songs) from friends and family.

i had the biggest SMILE plastered on my face all day.
i felt so loved.

(thx jen, christopher, finn and scoutie for making me forget all about growing another year older)

and since i'm such a card girl
i thought i'd share my favorite this year.
it was given to me by my sweet sister jen.
i love the colors, the tutu, the crown, the striped rainboots
and it's a taylor swift card
(i adore her music and her line of greeting cards)




this card on my desk at work so i can look at it throughout the day and smile.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.