Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

i love you stinky face

this is the title of a children's book that caught my eye last week.
it was on sale for just $4 so i picked it up and flipped through it.
i LOVED it and tossed it in my cart, anxious to get home
to read it to the boys before bedtime.




















the title alone spiked the boys' curiosity and they were motivated that
night to quick get through all their pre-bedtime rituals without having to be reminded
just so i could read them this story. 

i won't give the book away, but it starts out with a mom telling her boy she loves him.
the child had a question for her. his asks "mama, what if i were a big, scary ape.
would you still love me then?"

she replies "if you were a big, scary ape, i would make your birthday
cake out of bananas, and i would tell you, i love you, my big, scary ape."

the childs asks his mother more questions to test her love for him.
they were all unpleasant things, including being a smelly skunk named 'stinky face'.
the mama's answers are creative and always reassure her little boy of her unconditional love.

we all love this book and it's one i now recommend to all my mommy friends,
especially those with little boys. this book is truly a little treasure.
i'm so happy i found it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.