Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

finn's first kiss

is not a kiss the very autograph of love?
~henry finck

yesterday was a BIG day for finn.
he came home from school extremely excited
and anxious to share some news. here's the conversation that
took place as soon as we greeted each other:

finn: mom, you know my girlfriend elizabeth right?
me: of course i do.
finn: well today she KISSED me!
me:  wow - that is so exciting buddy! where did she kiss you?
finn: my cheek. (he was grinning from ear to ear).
me:  aw, that was so sweet of elizabeth.  was it in private or in front of all your classmates?
finn: in class, but not everyone was watching.
me:  (giving him a BIG squeeze). first kisses are so exciting!
christopher:  elizabeth thinks you are special just like mom and dad do.
hopefully mom will remember to record this special day.
me: of course!

scout overheard the conversation and had to chime in.

scout: i don't want a girlfriend.
finn: well scout, you want a baby someday right?
scout: yeah.
finn: then you *have* to have a girlfriend, because you have to
marry her and then you can have a baby.
scout: oh. well i don't want that.
finn: your just little right now. when you are bigger you'll understand.
scout: (walked away, no longer interested in the conversation)

me: (laughing outloud)

it's these little conversations that take place all the time that make
these ages so much fun.  what a happy day for finn oliver.

(i must remember to ask c to snap a photo of the two of them together to drop into this post.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.