Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, January 16, 2017

la la land: a lovely musical

it's been forever since i've blogged and i have been feeling guilty about it.
not because i've let down my handful of followers (all of 5), but because
so much has happened in my life and in the lives of my boys that i've missed
documenting.  blogging/journaling is truly is a beautiful way to feel time as i
write about my life, my children and the people who make our world. 



i typically don't post out of order but over the next few weeks,
i will be back posting about some of the bigger events in our lives - vacations, holidays,
new babies in our families, school events, family get togethers and of course my thoughts
and observations on our children and parenting them and all that comes with that.


until then, i'll start with sharing that i had the wonderful experience of seeing
a new movie musical la la land, with my sister-in-law shannon. the boys and i
took a short roadtrip just after christmas to visit the lovely utah gerbers and
one morning us ladies swooned over ryan gosling and smiled as we watched
the lovely emma stone sing and dance.


the boys had been waiting for months to see rogue one: a star wars story, i had
been waiting for months for la la land. it was everything i was hoping it would be -
fun, lighthearted with lots of dancing, singing and some lovely piano playing.
i've downloaded the sheet music for two of my favorite songs from the movie and
have been playing them every chance i get. {my boys might say too much}


i'll say no more. if you are a fan of singing in the rain and movie musicals, this is
a must. it will be part of my home library eventually, and it will be the feature
movie at my next Girls Night...date yet to be determined.



for those of you who haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing the movie,
here's the trailer teaser:








~ and for those non-cali's who might know this, los angeles is often referred to as la la land.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.