Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

the danish girl

i love you, because you are the only person who made sense of me, who made me possible.
- einar wegener
























i had the privilege of watching the danish girl a few weeks ago with my dear friend melissa.

we both love movies....independent and foreign films are melissa's favorites and dramas are mine.
this movie caught our eye, and i'm so glad we chose it because we couldn't have been more pleased.

the performance by eddie redmayne is nothing less than brilliant.

you may remember eddie in his role as marius in the movie musical, les miserables
{yes, he can sing too}. last year he portrayed stephen hawking in the theory of everything
and took home an oscar for his performance.

his role as einar / lily in this film took my breath away.
one might watch the trailer and believe it's a transgender movie,
but that's just a part of it.  at it's core, it's a love story.
that's all i'll say.  friends, see it, and don't forget tissue.  

this movie will stay with me for a very long time.

forever probably.

~ and the young swedish actress who plays his wife gerda, was cast perfectly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.