Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

mother's day: 2015

the boys surprised me with thoughtful gifts on mother's day,
gerber daisies, homemade cards, dinner at isabel's cantina
and these. they were both very excited to present them to me.
{and i was very excited to receive}



































































the boys were so proud of their gifts. they know how much i appreciate
anything they do with their hands and any gift from their hearts.
a good cook? i chuckled reading what scout said.  he is probably the only one
who would say that. i'm the first to admit, i'm no cook.
{i'd much rather clean and have someone cook for me}

~ this year, mother's day was a little different than year's past.
for months, we had a BIG camping weekend trip planned with two families.
my allergies kicked up the day before and i was suffering pretty bad {really bad}.

since the boys had their hearts set on going and we had a new tent and everything
was already packed and waiting to be loaded into the car, i encouraged c to go ahead
with them and i stayed home and rested.  they left a few days before mother's day
and was back m's day afternoon.

they made it home mid afternoon on mother's day to tell me all about their adventures,
present me with their special cards, and since i was feeling better, i was able to enjoy a
dinner out at my favorite neighborhood restaurant.

being a mother is a gift.  happy mother's day to every mother out there.  xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.