Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

about scout

the few homework assignments scout receives
get done on-line, and sent directly to his teacher via google docs.

last year, he was given an assignment to write about himself.
like his momma, he loves to write {and type}, so this was easy for him.
he sent this to his teacher, and i saved a copy so i always have a record
of what my youngest son thought of himself at age 6.  it's truly priceless.


Hello! My name is Scout. I am six years old. I have a brother named Finn. He is ten years old. He is very nice, although, I do get into a lot of fights with him.

Me and my family [me, Finn, my mom and dad] go to Mexico once a year. Sometimes I wish I could go there more than only once because it is so beautiful there, although, there is one problem. I get a LOT of homework. Usually, I don’t have much homework, and it is pretty easy. But when I am on vacation it is much harder. Sometimes I wish I had no homework at all.


Me and my brother really like LEGO’s. I don’t like them as much as Finn because he is crazy about them. As for me not nearly as much.

Can I tell you something about Finn that is pretty annoying? Yes? Great. The thing is, well, I used to tell him when he was playing video games that I wanted to play, and well, after his turn he asks,”would you like to play now?”  Then I would say: “you can keep playing if you want to.” then he would say: “okay.” and keeps on playing. Well I don’t say that any more and I keep reminding him that. He just keeps forgetting which is really annoying. That's it.

Can I tell you some of the thing’s I love to do? yes? Thank you!

1.Reading 2.Drawing 3.Sleeping 4.School [except homework!] 5.How tiny I am. 6.Building LEGO’s with my brother 7.Playing video games 8.Making music 9. Writing 10.playing with my brother 11.Sleeping in with my mom 12.Movies 13. New Years Eve 14. Christmas 15.Halloween 16.Easter 17.My birthday 18.Museums 19.Candy and 20.soccer.

I have played soccer for a very long time, and I would say I’m pretty good at it. My brother has not played as long as me because he does not like the game too much and my mom and dad don't want him playing a game he does not really like.

I love when things take a long time to do. For instance, coloring in a picture. I love taking my time on things like that to make them look more beautiful. I also like to use as many different colors as I can.

Every Halloween my mom buys new costumes to wear. Every year our [me, Finn and my moms] costumes match. Last year I was Maverick from Top Gun.

It was really fun! I got a lot of candy and I got to go in a haunted house! I saw pretty cool costumes.

oh how I love this piece written by scout.  he did a great job capturing so much of who he is - from vacations he likes to take, his likes {20 total}, dislikes {brother angst}, and even some of our family traditions. i grinned reading #5...how tiny he is.  at 15, he may not feel the same way, but for now he embraces it.  there are benefits to being small. he can still sit in his parents laps without cutting off blood flow, and he can fit in all kinds of fantastic hiding places.

~ our trip to attend uncle chad's 'change of command' ceremony was amazing!  when i get a chance to download photos, i'll be back to post and share more. it couldn't be a busier time! there's just over 2 weeks of school, june 12th is last day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.