Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

christmas 2015

as promised, the boys DID manage to stay in their rooms until 7am,
but came bounding into our bedroom seconds after yelling
"it's time, it's time and jumping on our bed".
{their enthusiasm could have waken the dead}.

i am usually a morning person,
one of those annoying people that almost jump out of bed ready to start their day. 
because i was up so late, i was exhausted.

i asked that the boys wait 15 minutes so i could get a few minutes more of rest
and wash my face before the christmas morning festivities began. 
they groaned and said i was torturing them {they had been up since just before 6am,
but they went back to their room.

i staggered to the living room, called them in and had my camera in hand.
the boys came running in tearing around the tree, looking for presents with
their name or initial on it. {santa uses letter tags as muchas he can these days}
one present was obvious as it was a little bigger than the rest.

it was a mountain bike.
santa brought scoutie a new bike since he had outgrown his.
this one has gears which will help him bike around around our hilly
neighborhood more easily. finn still needs gears, but he has a birthday just
around the corner so we'll see.  santa brought finn lots of space related books,
and he brought both boys some star wars legos sets.  

for 2 years i've been wanting a way to get all our bikes to the beach/bay easily
since biking there isn't really an easy option since we are farther away.
santa brought me a tow bar to have welded on my prius so I can put a bike rack on.
it's not a glamorous gift by any means, but it's exactly what i had been wanting. 
{it ties into something the boys hear me say all the time....things aren't important,
experiences and people are}. a trip or event is always my preference over things.

my new tow bar and bike rack will bring me together with the people i love,
AND will bring us lots of new and fun experiences together.





auntie jen flew in christmas eve so she was able to witness the festivities
{and gets auntie awards for waking up at the crack of dawn every year to see her nephews
experience christmas morning}.  we were glad to have her.

auntie leslie and her family arrived around midnight for the next several days.
more to come.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.