Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

christmas cookies

my dear girlfriend melissa contacted me a week before christmas
asking if i was taking some off work before the big day and if the boys might be
interested in baking {actually decorating} sugar cookies with her two kiddos. 

of course i responded, crossing my fingers the boys hadn't outgrown decorating cookies.
since i have a little more room in my kitchen, i offered to host the baking play date!

melissa arrived on monday bearing cookie dough, extra pans, sprinkles and icing.
i pulled out all the christmas sprinkles i'd had stored away and the bin of cookie cutters
i have collected over the last 15+ years....half being acquired when i was in the
big brother/big sister program back in our college days. c tried to get me to donate
them but i refused. i knew they'd come in hand someday.

the kiddos had a blast...the little ones more than the big one. 
finn is on the cusp of the "i'm too cool for cookie decorating phase", but he was a trooper.
kennedy, at 3 now, absolutely loved it and is in the stage where she wants to do everything
by herself, and i mean everything. the psychedelic looking cookies are a results of her
newfound independence and willpower.

we had a wonderful morning...and it was a real treat to have a little girl in our home!

top: logan {6}, scout {7}, kennedy {3}, finn {10}



 






























~ to entertain kennedy while the bookies baked,  I dug out the treasure chest
full of loot from scoutie's 5th birthday.  kennedy adorned herself in every necklace
she could find in it and went home with a few jewels on her fingers. *wink* 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.