Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, March 28, 2014

st. patty's day: 2014

i feel like i've been MIA for the past 2 weeks.i had a huge deadline at work, a wedding, 2 book clubs and a soccer
games last week.  it was insane!  this week is spring break for the boys,
and c's in northern ca at an architecture workshop with the ca architecture board. 
i've taken time off work to spend time with my favorite little guys and it's been

heaven for me.  we are spending our days at the beach, bike riding,
playing
board games, eating junk food and later i promised them we'd go bowling!
i
'm loving every minute of this time and only wish it would last longer.

that's all for today, but I wanted to post my st. patty's day draft.
i had forgotten to post last week and and figured better late than never.

months back i was in the carter's store to purchase
some baby boy clothes for my coworker who was expecting.
i came across this cute st. patrick's day tee in size 5 and picked
up for scoutie.

when i brought it home and showed it to him,
he took one look at it and exclaimed,
"i'm not wearing that. it says KISS ME!"

what was i thinking?

any boy older than 4 who can read isn't going to be 'ok' wearing a tee
that says 'kiss me'. {kissing is gross unless it's from immediate family}
the adorableness of the tee made me forget myself.
i made one futile attempt to have him reconsider,
but it was lost cause.

regretfully, i took it back to the store to return.
i got side tracked by cute baby girls clothes
{thinking about my future niece arriving next month}.
i remembered i was sitting sidney the next evening.
he is the adorable 2 year old son of one of my breakfast bunch friends.
i knew he wouldn't mind wearing it so i exchanged the size 5 for a size 2.

his sweet daddy surprised me with a text and this cute pix on monday.
 
sidney shire, age 2

it was perfect tee for this adorable toddler.

so how did the gerber clan spend their day.
well it was a weekday so it was the usual work and school for us all.
we all wore some type of green.  the little guys outfits were much cuter
than ours.  they wore the cute tees  they had raced in 2 days prior.

i got up early and set out a box of lucky charms cereal.
the boys were in heaven as they only get this once a year.



scoutie...









 


 
their lunch boxes were filled with anything green i could find in the fridge:
grapes, broccoli, a spinach salad for finn {the kid won't eat sandwiches}.
i even dug out the shamrock cookie cutter and used for scout's pb and j.
i told c it was kind of fun trying to come up with green food ideas.
{it broke up the monotony of the every day lunch making}
 
i thought about baking something - cupcakes or green muffins and bringing to work,
but we don't need more food in the office. us ladies are all trying to have a healthier
new year and i didn't want to sabatage us and myself.
 
i've made one change to date.
i gave up my diet coke {aka liquid satan} completely as of january 1st! 
i did it cold turkey and though it was difficult the first week or two, 
it's not something i even think about anymore. someday i will give up my
decaf coffee but i'm not quite there yet. *wink*


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.