Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

boys will be boys

soren (5 1/2), finn (8), christopher, ander (3) and scout (5)


























my sweet sister leslie shared this photo with me today and it made me smile.
it was taken during her recent visit - she and the boys spent an afternoon playing
at a park while this momma was missing out on all the fun {i was working}

anyway, the picture made me smile and reminded me that BOYS will be BOYS.  
{no matter what age}.


oh how i wish my sister and nephews lived closer.
we'd share holidays, birthday parties, special events
and 
LOTS of together time at the park and beach i'm sure. 
though they are here in california, they are a good 8 hours drive away -
a tough drive even without kiddos. *sigh*


we have been able to get together annually, which is better than nothing,
so i feel fortunate at least for that.  we are hopeful someday we can get within
a few hours drive of each other.

i'll share more photos of cousins in a future post.
for now, this picture is the best i can do.  

~ tonight after work, i babysat for my friend Melissa so she could get the
ever important 'date night' in with her hubby. it was tiring after a long day at work,

but i had fun too.  scout and her son, logan {4} spent a chunk of the evening wrestling
and i carried his sweet sister, kennedy {8 months} around when she'd let me.
finn was such a big help - keeping her entertained and feeding her bottles.

i could tell he was really enjoying himself, so i wasn't surprised when he asked
me for a baby sister at bedtime!  
we've had that discussion a few times already.
he knows a female puppy is the closest he is going to get to a baby sister. *grin*
first, we need to find our next home, and it's not been easy. {that's for another post} 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.