Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2012 olympics















are you watching the olympic games every chance you can get?
me and my crew are.

the olympic games are a pretty big deal in our family.
{c and i even held olympic parties in our pre-kid days}.
i love how they celebrate the spirit of sportsmanship,
inspire children watching all over the world while
spreading the message of unity and peace.

any other week of the year, you could take away our single
television and chances are, i wouldn't even notice for a few
weeks until i wanted to watch a movie.

but

since the opening ceremonies in london,
our television has been on for a few hours every evening.
it's been especially fun this year since the boys are old enough to sit and watch.
they understand what it's about and we all get into cheering athletes from the u.s.
we all enjoyed the swimming events the other night, but scout announced that
skeet shooting was his favorite. {it involves a gun, enough said} *sigh*

during the games, there's alot of talking.
we talk about where the athletes are from, whether these are their first games,
their outfis and of course about how dedicated all the athletes are.
seeing them so physically strong and at the peek of their game is inspiring and motivating.
so tonight as finn was running around at soccer practice,
i decided i wouldn't just sit and chat with the mommas on the grass.
i brought my running shoes and decided to get a few miles in along the bay.
{i made sure his coach was ok with me leaving him for an hour plus}

i made a promise to myself to start exercising more,
and running during soccer practices is an easy thing to do.
and though i'll never be able to move or sculpt my body to look like
an olympic athlete with their perfectly toned muscular bodies,
i'll do what i can do to take care of myself, and set a good example for the boys.
the games reminded me that i only have one body - i better take care of it.  

happy olympic watching!

~ finn's kindergartner reading buddy, sydney is actually IN LONDON
at the olympics with her family.  so exciting!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.