Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

my memorable mother's day

i hope all the mommies out there had a wonderful mother's day!

this momma had a memorable one.
my day started at 6am {before the airplanes started flying}.
two little rugrats swung open my bedroom door singing happy mother's day.

finn had a pad of paper in hand and said i'm ready to take your breakfast order.

i hugged them and gently let them know this momma was really tired and would
like them to come back at 7am.  they lingered, too excited to go away. *sigh*

then i did something i never do in the mornings....
i offered up my kindle fire and phone to buy myself another hour of rest.
{i was desperate}

shortly after 7am, i climbed out of bed and announced
that i was going for a nice run before i started my day.
finn grabbed his pad and pen and took my breakfast order before i left.
my order: (2) waffles, a half of a banana, some grapes and a coffee.

when i arrived home, finn met me at the front door and asked me
to close my eyes and to go upstairs and get into bed.
there was no way i was getting into my clean bed all sweaty from my run.
{he agreed to let me take a 5 minute shower first}

i took the quickest shower of my life, threw my hair back in a pony,
and jumped back into my bed.  finn walked in with this tray in hand,
dad had the coffee, and scout had a handful of cards.



















they boys were beaming, SO proud of the breakfast they made.
it was all prepared by finn and scout {minus the coffee}.
in the hour i was away, i learned they snuck off to starbucks
to get my favorite drink - a chai latte. it sure hit the spot.

i opened and read their sweet cards and got a kick out of the
All About Mom questionnaire finn filled out at school.
my favorite responses were:
  • What's the smartest thing your mom ever told you?  everything
  • I know my mom loves me because... she sings to me
  • What do you think your mom was like before she had kids? lonely
    {this last one had c and i in stitches}
scoutie's card to me was decorated with pretty plastic gems
he was so happy to give it to me....he had tried several times
during the week but i insisted he wait until mother's day.
{i'll post here later this week}

c asked me if there was anything special i wanted to do and i said
i'd love to try stand up paddling. it's something i've been wanting to
try for a while {i even put on my promise me list}

so that's what we did.

we waited until mid day so it was warmer, grabbed lunch at taco surf,
and headed over to mission bay for a picnic. c had gone before so he
chose to be the official camera man and videographer for the afternoon.

i had planned on going solo and the little boys kayaking, but scout insisted
on joining me and 20 minutes later finn jumped on the board too.

for the most part, they sat like little buddas on the front end while i
paddled around the bay, but later finn crawled through my legs because
he wanted to ride in the back.  whew!  {we didn't flip it but it was close}.




a fellow paddler was kind enough to snap this family photo of us.





it was a full day for all of us and i went to bed exhausted,
but not before thanking the boys for making my day so special.

i feel lucky to be the mother of two beautiful little boys,
to have wonderful mother-in-laws in my life, and to have a mom who
has taught and continues to teach me to cherish motherhood.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.