Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

things i ♥ thursdays

i ♥ this book seriously bad baby names
i have no idea where i came across it but i remembered it and dug it up to post.
there are tons of books out there devoted to helping with baby names, but i've never
seen one devoted to what not to name the baby. too funny - love this!
for kicks, i almost bought this for todd and heather but decided to be practical *grin*

i ♥ scoutie's long eyelashes.
seriously, i don't know why god would give a little boy long lush lashes.
it doesn't seem fair.
between those lashes and those big blue eyes,
i could easily get sucked into giving into scoutie's every whim.
somehow, i stay strong but they are hard to resist. 
here are those lashes...
and here are those blue eyes...

i ♥ spending time at the beach
i realize it's a favorite past time for alot of people,
and there's a reason for it - a scientific one (finn would appreciate this).
i just read research shows people are actually happier
(producing more of those 'feel good' endorphins) when they live near
a body of water. i could have told them this. *laugh*

my preferred body of water is the ocean. it always has been.
everything about it just makes me happy - the cool breezes,
the sound of the waves crashing, the sand between my toes, 
and the sun on my body - even the salt in my hair. LOVE IT!
now that the boys are older (and not eating sand),
my time at the beach with them is even more enjoyable.
i plan on spending a good chunk of this weekend here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.