Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, October 21, 2016

my man's in maui...without me

yes, the title of this blog post is true.
c is off playing in hawaii for almost a full week and i'm stuck at home.


he is there with his brother trevor, who will be racing in the
Xterra's World Championship off-road triathlon this sunday! 
it's a pretty big deal and t' trained really hard to get there.
i love watching races and competitions, and wish i could be there
to cheer him on.  c promises me he will take photos and yell extra loud for me.



the utah and san diego gerber families all wanted to be there, but
the cost was just too high, so the brothers went alone.  I don't know if the
boys have ever taken a trip together, so this is pretty special and well, it's
the kind of thing that creates memories and strengthens bonds. 
I encourage that and c would do the same for me in a heartbeat.

the big race is on sunday, and when trevor isn't training and familiarizing
himself with the course {yesterday he rode his bike 21 miles}, the brothers
are exploring the island, having fun and sending photos to us back at home.


here's one c sent tonight. {hiking through a bamboo forest is on MY bucket list}.
until then, i'm living vicariously through these brothers!


































Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.