Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

mr mraz makes me happy

i had a sweet surprise this past summer right here in my backyard.
i learned jason mraz would be performing at café gratitude, a vegan
restaurant downtown that he co-owns.


he was sneaky and didn't advertise this little private concert, which
made it all the sweeter for me. my dates for the afternoon were finn
and scout {who were reluctant to join at first} as we arrived an hour
before he came on stage. i had warned them so they were prepared
with books. they read while i chatted with some girlfriends who are
almost as big of fans as i am.

while waiting, i made decided to purchase smoothies for from the cafe
and just as i was walking in, mr mraz was walking out with a take-out
container with his lunch. i very casually said "hi Jason", and he said hi.
scout was at my side and said was that really him mom? i think he was
a little starstruck.


i watched Jason to make sure he had a chance to eat his lunch and chat
with his buddies and then headed over to meet him as i saw others
eyeing him with the same idea.  when we walked up, he was so polite
and grinned when i told him i was one of his biggest fans. i explained
that i saw him years open for lisa loeb at a club in pacific beach, years ago.


he grinned and said "wow, you've been following me a long time and
thanked me. he introduced himself to scout, posed for a photo with us
and a few minutes later he was on the sidewalk outside his café singing
his heart out.  


it was a perfect summer day with mr. mraz!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.