Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, November 13, 2015

he knows what I need

"no, i don't think i will kiss you, although you need kissing. badly.
that's what wrong with you. you should be kissed and often,
and by someone who knows how"
- margaret mitchell, gone with the wind




oh how i love this quote and this movie.

when c and i were newlyweds, i had him sit and watch the entire
movie, so he'd understand why i loved it so much.
i have a thing for epic movies.

when it was over, he told me i was a bit like scarlett
{my mom said that to me years ago when i was a teenager}.
i wasn't sure my mom meant it as a compliment at the time, but i knew
c meant it that way. i think he liked my feisty attitude and my independence.

one day after a fight or something, he left a postcard with this photo on the seat
of my car.  on the back he wrote "you should be kissed and often, and by someone
who knows how".

when i confronted him, i held it up and responded using the same word's scarlett used to rhett
when he told her that. if you know the movie, you know her response.  she says "and i suppose
you're the proper person"?  christopher smiled and said yes.

he was then, and he still is. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.