Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Friday, June 12, 2015

he's on his way

for the weeks leading up to 5th grade promotion,
parents of these 5th graders were busy uploading photos of
our kids from their years in elementary school.  these photos
were sent in and used for a slides created for the promotion ceremony.

since this mom had already spent hours gathering photos and
creating folders for them for every grade, it was easy for me
to create my own slideshow as a keepsake for finn and of course
his parents.

once I figured out the software, the fun began.
i'd sit at the kitchen counter on my laptop deciding what photos
to pull in and I'd remember and almost relive those moments in finn's life
all over again.  i was especially happy when i found the perfect song to
accompany the slideshow.

the song is on my way by phil collins.
i first heard in the walt disney film, brother bear,
and the whole family grew to love it. we'd turn up the tv and sing
along with finn who was just a preschoolerer then.

the song is fun with a catchy tune, but it's the lyrics that won me over.
they represent finn so well - his passion for life, his inquisitiveness, and his kind heart.
when i finished synching the music to the slideshow, i gathered the family around to watch.
finn smiled from ear to ear, while c and i smiled and held back happy tears.

one of life's greatest gifts is watching our children grow and become the
person they are meant to be. finn still has lots of growing to do, but he's on
his way....


 
 
 
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.