Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Monday, March 30, 2015

oceanside ironman: 70.3 miles

on saturday morning, my b-i-l and my dear friend's husband {shawn}
pushed their bodies to the limit as the swam, biked and ran 70.3 mile
in the oceanside half ironman.

they seriously rocked it, racing under the top 10% of all the participants entered.
the boys and i joined auntie shannon and their cousins to watch uncle t cross
the finish line. uncle t even had a smile on his face - wow! 

it.was.truly.inspiring. 




























~ watching these guys, and all the other amazing athletes cross the finish line
reminded me that our bodies are meant to move, {something scout reminded the
family of over dinner a few months ago after a lesson on physical fitness}.
i don't think i could survive half of a half ironman, but i am determined to start
running more. my mind and my bodies has missed it!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.