Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the musings of a san diego mom who loves her city, her life and her boys.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day 2012

happy father's day to all you dad's out there!

i feel so fortunate to have great ones in my life.
christopher is a fantastic father to our boys.
he is the dad who puts work aside because
"it can wait, but childhood won't." 

and my dad {and father of 7 children} is pretty darn amazing too.  
he deserves his own father's day post...which i hope to do later.

i had a grand idea of how to show c how much we appreciate him
but the more i thought about it, i realized my 'grand' idea was more
what 
would have enjoyed.  i knew c would prefer a more low key day. 
so, to ensure he got exactly what he wanted, i simply asked him.
his response came as no surprise.

he wanted to spend the day at the beach -
with his toes in the sand with the family.   
so that's what we did.


his day started at 6:30am with two boys screaming happy father's day
and presenting him with homemade cards. finn wanted to take his order but
he was too tired to eat.  later, when he was fully awake, he enjoyed his favorite drink,
a
mocha frap from starbucks {no whip and only 2 pumps of the frap roast}.


then we headed to law street in pacific beach and found a spot in the warm sand.
it was a beautiful day - sunny and almost 80 degrees.



















finn and scout answered some questions about their dad too:

Scout, age 4:
1.  how would you describe dad? he looks like me and is really nice.
2. what makes dad happy? when I give him cards and when we wrestle
3. what makes dad sad? when he doesn't get to see us
4. what is something dad always says to you?  i love you
5. what makes dad laugh?  when I tell jokes
6. what is dad’s favorite thing to do?  to play tennis
7. if dad became famous, what do you think it would be for?
      getting shocked by lightning {not sure what he meant by this...he was being silly} 
8. what is dad really good at?  his job
9. what is dad not so good at?  taking apart computers
10. how do you know dad loves you?  he gives me love..he hugs me

Finn, age 8:
1. how would you describe dad? kind, generous, sweet and funny
2. what makes dad happy? me and scout
3. what makes dad sad?  when he gets hurt
4. what is something dad always says to you?  i love you
5. what makes dad laugh?  jib jab
6. what is dad’s favorite thing to do?  be an Architect
7. if dad became famous, what do you think it would be for?
      for designing the best school in the world 
8. what is dad really good at?  playing tennis
9. what is dad not so good at? bosconian (a game)
10.  how do you know dad loves you?  because he holds my hand and says he loves me


and last, here are my boys with their daddy on father's day. 


c and the boys, who are buried up to their waists in sand



~ and how could i forget.  for lunch we had huge breakfast burritos from
c's favorite hole in the wall, taco surf.   








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I'm a Southern California mom to 2 boys and a wifey to my long-time love. I work full-time and life is a bit crazy, but I strive to remember to take time to enjoy the little things, because in the end, it's those things that will matter most.